Are the Zenno steps running in order from left to right or only following the arrows?

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hello,

After having the same problem for a few hours now, I am thinking....

Are the Zenno steps following the time line from left to right, of course following the first step we have chosen as "first step" or is Zenno following all the arrows from the first steps to the next steps?

Could you please precise?

Thanks,

BamBam

gcomm

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Zenno will follow an entire block from top to bottom.

Thereafter a separate "new step" which will be to the right / left or anywhere really can only be accessed with the "arrow".

If there are multiple "blocks" they must be connected.... otherwise the "first step" will be the entire project and the other "blocks" will not be accessed.

Hopefully that is not too much gibberish ;-)

Basically connect your blocks - take a look at any examples on here - the facebook account creator by shinigami for example....

or go to howtomakebot.com for some examples and tutorials - hes cool.

• Спасибо
Реакции: bambinou

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Actually you can add a step all the way on the right of the template and make this the first step by checking the box that says "Make this the first step". You have to be careful when you record a template and then you add the stepin for the email processing before copying your recording over to the template editor. If you do this, the email processing will be the first step. Even if you were to drag the email processing step over to the right of the other step, it would still be the first step and you need to check the box on the step you want first.

• Спасибо

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks to both of you,

I now understand the sequencing process, this was very important to me because I had problems last night.

Having about 6 different recording steps set up(a lot of branches!), I added a Logic "if" at the bottom of each step, if the value is not equal to the output of the parsed branch, go here...else go there.

My problem now are the '= =' , '!=' and other statement.

Locally when you compare 2 things, you should have 2 variables to compare, ie:

A!=B
OR
A === B

but I have noticed that 2 expericed coders in the forum are writing them totally differently.

One will write them as:

A != '' <------2 SINGLE COMMAS WITH NOTHING IN IT

and someone else will use

A != B

My question is.....who is right? Can both solutions work?

Because if you translate both operands they could be intertreted as:

A != '' If the results is not equal to A then do that

A != B If A is not equal to B then do this.

Please help , this is really the last of my troubles, when I will know how to write them properly, I will stop struggling :-)

Thanks,

BamBam

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
The operand in your logical branch !='' means that the previous branch does not contain an empty result. So in the step before, when doing a selected text presence check by right clicking on the text, you are setting up a regular expression for the text on the page. If the text is not found, the result would be empty. The logic operation then checks that result and if empty, will result in the logic operation is false.

The operation A != B is exactly like you say, if A is not equal to B then the result would be true and the next branch will continue. This would only work with numbers, though. In order for it to work with text you would need to put the apostrophe around them 'A'!='B' because you are dealing with a string.

So yes both of us are right depending on what you are doing. If looking for a TRUE for parsing text on the page 'string'!='' would work(the result would NOT return an empty string). If looking to see if your counter value returns false so that you can continue your loop, then you would use A!=B

Hope this is as clear as mud there Bam Bam

• Спасибо

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks Bigcajones,

I understand the whole process much better now.

BamBam

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)