Blue and red cercles and if statements

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hello,

I am having an understanding problem.

Here is an example:

Let's say I create a Branch Box, let's say again, that the branch box finishes with a "checking parse text" GET action.

What I would like to do, if to have 2 actions, when the parsed text is found I do action number 1, when the parsed text is not found, I do action number 2.

Here is what confuses me:

I have had the chance to see the template of an experienced coder, after the "checking parse text" GET action, he added a If statement SET box and a javascript expression as "'{-FieldData.FieldData-|-●5●6●5●6●3●1●-|-tp-8530-}'!=''"

Now why can I not remove the if statement action box and instead use the successful and unsuccessful Exit parameters which are in the "checking parse text" GET action Box?

This is totally confusing me, I am sorry if the question is stupid.

Thank you,

BamBam

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
The javascript function (if statement action box as you call it) is the test for the text. You don't want to delete this. The logic operation checks the previous step for true or false.
If you want to have two actions, you would do it off of this logic branch. If the result is true, the step under it will process or the step coming off of the Green dot. If the result of the logic is false, you can do action 2. You would accomplish this by putting a branch off of the Red dot.

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thank you for the reply,

So in fact without the logic box, the red and green action output buttons are not really working is it?

Also, how can you output 2 arrows from one green or red cercle please?
Thank you,

BamBam

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
The green(successful exit) and red(unsuccessful exit) branches work on every step. For example, if for some reason an input field changes every time you arrive at the site, you could put a successful exit and continue on, or if the field has a different value, step out of the branch(unsuccessful exit) and check for something else. This would be handy doing a forum profile creation like VBulletin. When you arrive on one site, it might say you have to be 13+ years of age to register, while another site will just let you fill in the form.

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Ok ,

I get it now bigcajones :-), Thank you very much for your help,
Is there a way to have 2 arrows coming out of one cercle? Or not?

BamBam

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
You can have a few arrows to one circle, but from one circle is not possible

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Yes sorry, this is what I meant, not the opposite...my mistake.

Thank you,

BamBam

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)