If uploading several videos at once how to regsiter progress when it fails part way?

Harambulus

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I figured it was easier to loop each indivdual template in terms of submission but now my problem is often the templates will fail for one reason or other. Before this was no problem since i was only using one vidoe to upload i could just do retries and 90% would be successful on 4 retries or so.

The issue now tho is uploaidng multiple videos on each tempalte via a loop, if they fail I have no way to know where it failed, on which video. So if there are 5 videos to upload I have no idea if it fialed on the first or the 4th.

And so retries would be no good since it would just start from the first agina and the template would fail since the 1st video would already have been uploaded.

So how can I setup the templates so I can do retries but only from the last video it attempted to upload?

drvosjeca

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
there are few ways you can solve this, but if you wanna get things more secure this is one option you can follow:

1. Put all videos you wanna upload to one folder.
2. Create another temporary folder
3. Create one more folder for FAIL.
3. make your template to check before it starts if there are any videos in temporary folder, if not move videos from main folder to it
4. now you start uploading videos from temporary folder and remove them when you grab it for upload.
5. make bad end in template and make sure template moves video from temporary folder to FAIL folder if things go wrong.

This is just one of the ways that can help you solve your issue and also you can see which video failed.

Well i hope you understand what im saying here and i hope it helps. :-)

Tobbe

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Above is a great way. Just make sure you remove the video AFTER upload and not when you grab it for upload (as both step 4 and 5 will fail otherwise :-) ;-) )

drvosjeca

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
sorry my bad, was writing to quick :D

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)