Scheduled tasks not running

cipangohill

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi, I have a simple program that goes into a local mysql database and sets a value on each row (there are only 3 rows).
I've added the program as a scheduled task to run every minute in ZennoPoster. The settings are in the image. However, the task does nothing. When I run it in the ProjectMaker, it works just fine.
It's probably something simple, but I can't figure it out. Your help is appreciated.

Вложения

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 900
Баллы
What beginning time do you set? You should set it later than current time.
Also, how long is your mysql project executed? Can it be finished within a minute? New execution starts only after finishing previous.

cipangohill

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
2 things are happening:

1) the task is working now. Yesterday I had the Project manager open with the same program as the one running in tasks. Would that prevent the task from running?
2) the task is working, but too fast, many times a minute, even though it is set to run every 1 minute.

And yes, the program only takes a few seconds to run.

I'm attaching a snapshot of the program

Вложения

Последнее редактирование:

cipangohill

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
I closed ZennoPoster and re-opened a few times, and now it seems to be working as expected, every 1 minute.

Also, it seems I have to put 1 for "Add number of attempts", otherwise it won't run. Perhaps that's how it should be.

cipangohill

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Running many times a minute is a problem. I close and reopen the program, and it runs the tasks every second or so. I didn't remove the tasks - I left them set and closed the program an reopened it. It ran fine yesterday and today, but now it keeps running haywire.

Really bugging working on the program.

Would it work better if I used the .bat files and run them through Windows Tasks?

Последнее редактирование модератором:

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 900
Баллы
Running many times a minute is a problem. I close and reopen the program, and it runs the tasks every second or so. I didn't remove the tasks - I left them set and closed the program an reopened it. It ran fine yesterday and today, but now it keeps running haywire.

Really bugging working on the program.

Would it work better if I used the .bat files and run them through Windows Tasks?
This is not a buggy program. The problem is most probably in your project (template).
Is it executed successfully every time? What notifications do you get in execution log?

cipangohill

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
This project starts every minute. Here's the log for the last couple hours.
The project only updates two cells on two rows in the database, should normally be done in a second.

Type Time Message
14:09:01 All lines processed
14:09:01 ZennoPoster Project D:\__Proiekte\_zenno\Reset Timers.xmlz was completed successfully!
14:10:15 All lines processed
14:10:15 ZennoPoster Project D:\__Proiekte\_zenno\Reset Timers.xmlz was completed successfully!

cipangohill

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
I have removed and re-added the task in the Poster. Now it's running fine. But every time I closed and re-opened it, it either stopped running the task altogether, or it ran too fast, like every few seconds. I never touch the settings, they're set to run every minute, and endless

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 900
Баллы
I have removed and re-added the task in the Poster. Now it's running fine. But every time I closed and re-opened it, it either stopped running the task altogether, or it ran too fast, like every few seconds. I never touch the settings, they're set to run every minute, and endless
I dpn't quite understand how you set it up.
This is probably proper Schedule configuration for your tasks.
Repeat every minute.png

cipangohill

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
I have it like this

Вложения

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 900
Баллы

cipangohill

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Maybe the bad behavior has to do with the fact that I put the PC in hibernation overnight and resume in the morning? I want to leave the Poster on all the time, with the tasks set once and for all, and for it to run without me attending.

cipangohill

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Beginning time is previous time. It's when I restarted (re-added) the task. How can that be future time?

cipangohill

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Here's the execution count

Вложения

cipangohill

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
If I set "Add number of attempts" to 0, it doesn't run at all. It only runs if I have 1 there. I just tested it again now.

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 900
Баллы
Maybe the bad behavior has to do with the fact that I put the PC in hibernation overnight and resume in the morning? I want to leave the Poster on all the time, with the tasks set once and for all, and for it to run without me attending.
ZennoPoster does not work in hibernation mode. So if you want to leave your computer, set it not to go to hibernation.

Beginning time is previous time. It's when I restarted (re-added) the task. How can that be future time?
Disable your task and configure schedule once again. Set future time to begin and enable your task.

cipangohill

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
You mean hibernation mode is making the Poster act funny?
I don't want to re-configure the tasks every day. I want to close the program in the evening, put the PC in hibernation, start the PC from hibernation in the morning, start the program, and for the tasks that are already there to continue running. Is this not supposed to work?

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 900
Баллы
You mean hibernation mode is making the Poster act funny?
I don't want to re-configure the tasks every day. I want to close the program in the evening, put the PC in hibernation, start the PC from hibernation in the morning, start the program, and for the tasks that are already there to continue running. Is this not supposed to work?
If you stopped and closed zennoposter before hibernation, then I don't understand why you started talking about it.
Please just do as I said - "Disable your task and configure schedule once again. Set future time to begin and enable your task.".

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 187
Баллы
Hey. I think problem is there:

Example You schedule Your project to start at 23:00 and add one execution every 1 minute. So every minute it will add one execution what will make 60 executions until 24:00 midnight.
At midnight You hibernate Your PC. At 08:00 You switch Your PC back so your scheduler will add executions from that midnight until 08:00 thats total of 8x60 = 480 executions

If You want to start scheduler to work from 08:00 when you switch PC back on then You have to change scheduler starting time again:

I'm not 100% sure thats the case though.
Just a guess

• Спасибо
Реакции: VladZen

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 900
Баллы
Hey. I think problem is there:

Example You schedule Your project to start at 23:00 and add one execution every 1 minute. So every minute it will add one execution what will make 60 executions until 24:00 midnight.
At midnight You hibernate Your PC. At 08:00 You switch Your PC back so your scheduler will add executions from that midnight until 08:00 thats total of 8x60 = 480 executions

If You want to start scheduler to work from 08:00 when you switch PC back on then You have to change scheduler starting time again:

I'm not 100% sure thats the case though.
Just a guess
Yes, I agree... If tasks were not stopped before hibernation, then ZP just executes all tasks one by one that were scheduled but not executed during hibernation.

cipangohill

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Ok, so as I understand, all I have to do is reset Starting time every time I start the Poster. I'll go ahead and try that.
However, it doesn't quite explain why sometimes it runs every few seconds instead of every minute or not at all.

cipangohill

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы

cipangohill

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
UPDATE: last night I closed the program, shut down (not hibernated) the computer, and in the morning I restarted ZP and reset the task beginning time. It seemed to work on time for the first couple of minutes, but then it started launching fast again, like one after another, without any interruption (By the way, it executes successfully every time, it's a simple program). I then closed the program and restarted it a few times, with the same result. The only way to make it work is to remove the task and re-add and reschedule it.

At this point, I can only conclude that the task scheduler won't work reliably if you just let the task in the program and hope to restart ZP every day and have it work fine. In order for the task to run, it has to be removed and re-added every day. Or perhaps left to run on an always-on machine. But even so, you'd get to a point where you have to reload all tasks. If you have many tasks like I plan to have, it becomes a headache to do.

Последнее редактирование:

cipangohill

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Am I the only one to have trouble with the ZP task scheduler? It keeps going nuts - I have removed the tasks, restarted the program, re-added the tasks. They run on time for a while, then start executing really fast, without respect for the schedule I put in. Then they stop running altogether. It's really frustrating, I've already spent way too much time attending ZP.

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 900
Баллы
Am I the only one to have trouble with the ZP task scheduler? It keeps going nuts - I have removed the tasks, restarted the program, re-added the tasks. They run on time for a while, then start executing really fast, without respect for the schedule I put in. Then they stop running altogether. It's really frustrating, I've already spent way too much time attending ZP.
Please attach execution log.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)