Switch ZP between foreground app to background process and vice versa

Yann

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I have issues with ZP stability, every week if not every day it crashes or it is just closed and I have to restart it.
Sometimes it is a bug from ZP and maybe sometimes it is a bug from Windows. But the result is the same for me, the scripts are not running and my clients are upset !

I tried 2 different servers, windows 2008 and now windows 2012 r2 (recommended by ZP team) and I do a remote connection to it to manage the scripts and Zenno.
Very often (multiple times per week, sometimes per day) I loose the windows session (it gets logged off) and that closes the ZP program and terminates the threads. It has been an issue for a long time and it is driving me crazy. Sometimes it is a crash from ZP that does that, and sometimes I have no logs in Windows about ZP and it might just be a windows problem.

But I think I found the answer ! I made a test and run ZP as a background process. It is running now for 3 days non stop without any issues, it works perfectly and even uses less memory !
I already lost the windows session multiple times but because it is a background process everything continues to work perfectly ! It is not tied to the visual interface anymore.

The only problem is that I cannot easily see the details anymore because I don't have the ZP interface. When I start it, it says that only one instance of ZP is allowed...

So I would like to know if it is possible to switch ZP from foreground to background and vice versa so I can manage the scripts easily when needed and put it back in the background after for stability ?

I started to create a script with C# to get all the processes info (thread count...) but it is a lot of work to recreate the ZP interface...

Thanks for your help

EtaLasquera

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Well, I think you must have a better management of your windows terminal service.
We run 3 machines with 90 project without problems like you.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)