Unable to open local HTML file with Go to Page command

peter

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi,

I had just started to work with an older template again, and figured out that version 5 cannot load local HTML files from my machine. I just get a blank page if I attempt to load something like

{-Project.Directory-}\path\filename.html

The same thing works without problems with version 4. Can you give me a workaround or a confirmation that this is a known bug?

Thanks

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Take the text from the file and save to variable. Then navigate to about:blank page. Set the innerhtml to your varaible and the page will be there.

• Спасибо
Реакции: shifu и rostonix

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Nice trick)

peter

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thank you bigcajones, but I would like to have the page rendered by the browser: for instance to be able to find page elements with image recognition and so on.

rostonix, can we confirm this as a bug? or a feature loss from v4 to v5?

Thanks

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Then navigate using Go To Page action like this...

file:///{-Variable.PATH to HTML File-}

as long as cooresponding js and image files are in their right place you will get the page loaded fine and carry out your operations on the elements

• Спасибо
Реакции: surrealmix и lokiys

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
I think this is the second time i see question like this. I'm just curious: why you need any images which are loaded on page that you open from HD? I have zero thoughts :(

peter

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi Bigcajones, thank you for your tip, it's working now. I had tried with various prefixes but somehow I failed way back then.

Rostonix,
anyway, I am using Zenno more like a generic automation platform than a web submission tool, so for instance I usually do things with Zenno like migrating web sites automatically, uploading offline html content to web pages, etc. Therefore it would be handy to be able to handle local web pages with version 5 just like I could do with the MP version.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
So basically main question is about displaying pics in local html files, correct?

peter

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Well, rostonix, the question is being able to handle html files read from the filesystem just as we can handle web pages loaded from a web URL.
There are cases for instance when I am processing a documentation in HTML format, and I work further based on what happens if I click on a button at a HTML file loaded from my hard drive.

peter

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Anyway, as I changed from VMWare to Parallels, I have encountered a new problem with this feature:

Parallels loads my files and folders stored on Mac OX as it would be a network drive, like:

file://///psf/Documents/path/to/my/html-pages/a-html-page.html

This perfectly opens in Firefox but gives a blank page when I try to do the same in ProjectMaker.

I have also tried this:

file:///W:/path/to/my/html-pages/a-html-page.html

But again I have got a blank page.

Any suggestions how to overcome this problem? (Using version 5.7.1.0)

Thank you!

Nick

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I also need a solution for this. Some of my projects save pages to hard drive and some should parse it afterwards. I need an opportunity to load it. It's strange that there is not possible right now, isn't it a standard feature of an embedded browser?

peter

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Please, please help us with this issue! :-)

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы

• Спасибо
Реакции: Nick

peter

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thank you rostonix, but a my parrallels-based virtual machine this just does not give anything else than a blank page. Where should I start, so that I could figure out where the problem is rooted? Thanks

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Make folder as drive, without using it as net drive

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 2, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 2)