Gumtree ad disappears after posting.

Pz453

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
I have created a project for posting my gumtree ads in gumtree.

When I test it everything seems to go through fine and gumtree confirms the ad is successful. But when I look under my ads, nothing is there and I don't receive an email from gumtree to say that the ad has been created.

However if I just go to the gumtree website normally (eg I don't use zennoposter) and create an ad I get the same confirmation page when I submit my ad as I did with zenno poster, but the ad appears under my ads and I get an email from gumtree to say it has been created.

One thing I did notice was after the Zennoposter submits the ad, if I click on the edit button on the ad that is displayed on the success confirmation window I am still signed in to gumtree on the edit page, but if I submit changes I get a page 500 error message from gumtree and I am signed out.

I am guessing the page 500 error is because there is no ad, being signed out is weird.

Anyone got any ideas?

PHaRTnONu

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
tehre may be a false button on the submit that is causing this error to catch bot's that will auto log you out and kill the ad? (false negative buttons can do that)

Pz453

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
There are 3 buttons under the same DIV in the code.

Looks like they are there for different circumstances 1. Sumbit ad 2. Save ad 3. Submit and checkout.

I tried 1 and 3 buttons but there was no change, it still tells me the ad was successfully posted but the ad isn't there when I look at my ads.

Вложения

PHaRTnONu

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
when you go though PM does it post sucessful?
let me see the click action please

Pz453

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
when you go though PM does it post sucessful?
let me see the click action please
Gumtree says ad is successful when I post through Project Manager.

But gumtree doesn't email to confirm the ad was created, nor does it show up under 'my ads' in my gumtree profile.

I have also thought I would search in the gumtree website to see if maybe the ad was posted but maybe not linked to my account. There was no listing there either.

click-action-submit-ad.jpg

Вложения

EtaLasquera

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Idk what your problem, this is a very simple project, just click in buttons and go....

Вложения

Pz453

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Last year when I was first started using Zenno marker it was working with the gumtree ads, but then gumtree updated the format of the lister so people had to choose if it was a free ad.
Idk what your problem, this is a very simple project, just click in buttons and go....
Thanks for input. I looked at your file and was able to trim off 1/2 my script actions clicks by pasting in the navigating directly to the category link rather than clicking through all the category/sub category pages in order to get to the listing creation page.

You also gave me the idea in Project Manager to test by manually clicking through creating the listing myself rather than letting the script do it.

I can confirm in Project Manager whether the script does the work or I do it manually there is no difference in the result.

Gumtree will confirm the listing was successful, but when I leave the confirmation page the ad is not created anywhere.

If I create the ad in my normal web browser there is no problem, the ad is created successfully and appears under my ads in my profile.

So it appears either gumtree can detect zennoposter and it putting up block or there is something goes wrong in between the submit button and the confirmation page where my ad is not getting linked to my profile.

ps As per attached photo's, I also noticed the top banner ad on the confirmation page has lost it's position which indicates page load or code issue. Maybe this is a tell tale sign that there is something wrong with the browser in zennomaker. (the other pic shows where the ad should be).

Вложения

Последнее редактирование:

Pz453

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
It looks like it might be proxy detection issue. My computers are always behind a proxy.

Today I went to post an ad just using my browser which has been working ok, but when I posted the ad gumtree gave me the success page, but when I checked my ads section it wasn't there.

I turned off my proxy so I was directly connected to the internet through my ISP. I went into Project Maker and ran the task and this time gumtree gave me the success message that I normally receive but I also got the email from gumtree to let me know I posted an ad.

I will test this theory over the next couple of days.

Pz453

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
I just successfully relisted all my ads this morning in ZennoPoster with my proxy turned off. I think when I opened this thread I had other issues including the proxy issue which was the final hurdle.

Thanks PHaRTnONu & SOS Cartões for your input.

lol I just got your username PHaRTnONu :ap:

• Спасибо
Реакции: PHaRTnONu

EtaLasquera

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Yesterday I try send ad's from gumtree and my ad's only work if I send at least two files to ad, if I don't add any image to my ad, the ad will not post. If I add at least two images, the ad will be save successful.

Pz453

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Yesterday I try send ad's from gumtree and my ad's only work if I send at least two files to ad, if I don't add any image to my ad, the ad will not post. If I add at least two images, the ad will be save successful.
Gumtree australia doesn't seem to have that rule. I posted an ad with only 1 photo this morning and it went through.

Maybe you could upload the same renamed picture twice in the case that you only have 1 picture and that way at least you are meeting the criteria.

Being an ebay company now, I can see many things coming about. A major one is trialling different ideas on different countries.

Every week I notice something changed on gumtree. The latest 2 changes I noticed was a message saying we can now only post 1 free item per category and another was free ads that are posted don't go straight to page 1 anymore.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 2, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 2)