List usage in projects

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 187
Баллы
How to use lists in correct and best way in projects ?

Lets say I need 3 lists in project and I'm using list paths from input settings, so I can bind paths to list when I need that.

My question is:

Better is to make 3 lists and bind them to files at the beginning of project, or just make one list and bind to needed file do actions needed and then just bind next path so same project list and do actions again. ?

EtaLasquera

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Well, if you need to clear the list and start the next list after the end of the first, the best way is use only one list.
If you have one list and need to start a second list who will clear the first list and after process you will need clear again the list to back to the fisrt to in next step run to a third list who need to clear the first... (to many confuse!), use different lists.
More lists, more memory, if you run out of memory, use only one list.
Let's hear a developer talking about that but I think there is not a correct way, you can choose a better way.

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 900
Баллы
Not sure what you actually want..,
If you want to bind certain file to list at project start, then bind it via list properties.
If you need to bind different files to the same list during one project, better use List processing>bind to file.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 187
Баллы
Not sure what you actually want..,
If you want to bind certain file to list at project start, then bind it via list properties.
If you need to bind different files to the same list during one project, better use List processing>bind to file.
Example. I need to take emails from file at the beginning of project and I need to save account information at the end of project.

Is that a good way if I add just one list in project and Bind to email file at the beginning take email and then bind to accounts file at the end of project to the same list and save my accounts in different file. ?
Won't be there any problems with such approach ?

Thanks

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 900
Баллы
Example. I need to take emails from file at the beginning of project and I need to save account information at the end of project.

Is that a good way if I add just one list in project and Bind to email file at the beginning take email and then bind to accounts file at the end of project to the same list and save my accounts in different file. ?
Won't be there any problems with such approach ?

Thanks
If you bind list to files dynamically via Text Processing list>Bind to file., then it will work properly.
If via list properties, this scheme won't work. In this case, list is bound to file at project start and won't changed during project execution.

• Спасибо
Реакции: lokiys

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)