How to get a default "own" variable picked up?

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hello,

I have been looking into the forum + doc and cannot find anyone with the same issue.
I created a "own" variable and set a default value. When I execute the project and do not add a value, the default value should get picked up but it isn't.
Is there any tricks in getting a variable default_value to be picked up please?

Thank you

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 187
Баллы
Hello,

I have been looking into the forum + doc and cannot find anyone with the same issue.
I created a "own" variable and set a default value. When I execute the project and do not add a value, the default value should get picked up but it isn't.
Is there any tricks in getting a variable default_value to be picked up please?

Thank you
If you make variable and set any value in a default value.
As soon as you restart template default value will go into Value and will be used as it should.
not sure what problems do you have.

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks, very strange, this is actually the behaviour I expected aswell but it is not working in the version 5.38 and 5.37 for me.
I will keep looking at it.
I am also having another weird bug with this field:
<input id="challenge_response" name="challenge_response" class="Form-textbox Edge-textbox" autocomplete="off" type="tel" pattern="[0-9 ]*" placeholder="Enter code" value="" autofocus="">

The action designer finds it ok, but when I try to do a SET action with a value, nothing goes inside.
It works on all my fields in the whole template but this one, whatever I try(even xpath) fails.

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Very strange, just got it, in the action design, no change to set the value to XXXXX. I have to add the action in the template and then in the MAIN>>Where>>Selected "Value"

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 187
Баллы
Thanks, very strange, this is actually the behaviour I expected aswell but it is not working in the version 5.38 and 5.37 for me.
I will keep looking at it.
I am also having another weird bug with this field:
<input id="challenge_response" name="challenge_response" class="Form-textbox Edge-textbox" autocomplete="off" type="tel" pattern="[0-9 ]*" placeholder="Enter code" value="" autofocus="">

The action designer finds it ok, but when I try to do a SET action with a value, nothing goes inside.
It works on all my fields in the whole template but this one, whatever I try(even xpath) fails.
Use separate threads for separate questions.
I'm not really sure what are you talking about:
As I told when you restart instance default value of the variable becomes as value:

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 2, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 2)