Bug testing and updating bots??

MisterP

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hey guys,
I am having to sell bots to two of my family members since they don't own zennoposter lol

I am sure that they might encounter some bugs sooner or later.

How can I do the bugs-logging efficiently? I want to know at which point of the program it got stuck, like which block within the code caused an error and/or at what point within the internal browser screen.

How can I do this? I definitely need that kind of information to sort out bugs after release!

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 185
Баллы
Hey guys,
I am having to sell bots to two of my family members since they don't own zennoposter lol

I am sure that they might encounter some bugs sooner or later.

How can I do the bugs-logging efficiently? I want to know at which point of the program it got stuck, like which block within the code caused an error and/or at what point within the internal browser screen.

How can I do this? I definitely need that kind of information to sort out bugs after release!
Do You sell to family ? Shame on you LOL

Anyway to know what action fails you have to copy action id from zennoposter logs. You can do that with opening logs tab in zennoposter/zennobox and right click on last error and copy id of action.

Then take this ID and press ctrl+f in project maker where this project is opened, and copy id there, press search and you will know what action caused an error.

Cheers

• Спасибо
Реакции: MisterP

MisterP

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Worked perfectly lol
Thank you so much!

MisterP

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Oh yet another question. Is there a possibility to STOP the bot after encountering an error? So that the log says what error it is (like it normally does with the ID etc.)

But also, the bot "freezes" so that I can click on "show instance" and see for myself where it got stucked on the website as well. That would be DOPE as hell !

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
You can add Bad end action to your project and connect it with C# action with this code

instance.WaitForUserAction(300);

this will force instance with error pop and become visible and it will wait for 300 seconds like paused until you will click "Continue" button which will be displayed in bottom bar of instance.
Try it.

• Спасибо
Реакции: MisterP

MisterP

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Very nice, I tried it :-)

Is there a way that zennoposter can find out where the bot got the "bad end" and then, after navigating manually with the help of the c# code, going back to the part where it got stuck (+ 1 step, since the step got done manually)?

Bascially, to make it more precise.

Lets say my bot does this:

step 1 google.com
step 2 click on link
step 3 fill out a text box
step 4 click on a button

bad end -> c# to show instnace for 300 seconds.

Lets say it gets stuck in step 2. so it goes to "bad end" and then shows the instance where the user can click on the link himself. then I want it to go back to step 3 and run automatically.

So I want it to figure out where it gets stukc and then conitnue from there after users manual input :-)

Последнее редактирование:

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 869
Баллы

Is there a way that zennoposter can find out where the bot got the "bad end" and then, after navigating manually with the help of the c# code, going back to the part where it got stuck (+ 1 step, since the step got done manually)?

step 1 google.com
step 2 click on link
step 4 click on a button

Lets say it gets stuck in step 2. so it goes to "bad end" and then shows the instance where the user can click on the link himself. then I want it to go back to step 3 and run automatically.

So I want it to figure out where it gets stukc and then conitnue from there after users manual input :-)
I should continue from next action block in your project, which follows after WhatForUserAction block.

MisterP

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Oh OK because after I hit the "continue" button in my instance it then proceed to show me the error and closed the whole instance :(

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 185
Баллы

step 1 google.com
step 2 click on link
step 4 click on a button

Hey all that seems confusing for me lol.

Bad end is not for checking errors but to perform actions after error is there and then end it, this is how it works. :-)

To accomplish what you want just add C# with message box and template will not work further while you will click OK.
Code for message box:
C#:
System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show("OK");
Should look like this:

Cheers

MisterP

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks lokiys, it is going into the right direction.

I am bascially looking to have that as some sort of Bad End and then return to the part where it should continue normally.

If I do it like you said, I would need to click on each modules red dot and connect it to the message box :D That would be kinda painful.

If I could do it like this: "Whenever there is an error -> show the instance and stop right there so the user can manually perform the action. after the user did it, the bot will continue where it left of" :-)

That would be AMAZING!

----------------------

I am also thinking of a way to do some kind of error reporting or something. I am thinking of sending me the source code of the current site whereever it gets stuck so I can optimize the bot right when it finds the error or at least find some patterns I can make it more fool proof. Has anyone ever done that? :-)

I am thinking of a c# module that saves the current source code of the site and sends it to me. Probably via email? Still brainstomring about this hehe

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 185
Баллы
All i can say you go in wrong direction.

Just make bot.
Run it 10 times in project maker
Resolve all errors there
Then run in zennoposter, copy error actions and check what action makes error most of cases. OR make your own log file, and save errors there.
Open project maker check this error step closer, run it 100 time while you reproduce problem in front of your eyes
Resolve problem.

Rinse and repeat with other errors

No need any fancy source code sending, when erro will happen with action fill name for example or click submit button, you will already know in what page and what step this error happens.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)