How should you do it: System that check the database for taking action

kvdd

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi guys,

A question for the more advanced use of CodeCreator in C#.
I am about to automate something on my website for my customer. When a customer signs up, a record is written to the database. One column is, lets say "Status". When the Status is '0', ZennoPoster must take action to complete the steps required. After completion, the status changed to '1'.

Now the question: Should I leave the instance in C# running with a small timeout, and run forever, OR let the project start scheduled in Zennoposter with an interval of 1 minute.

Thanks

kvdd

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hello,

I see nobody respond to this question. Do you need more information? Is it too complex for most users?

Thanks!

zeus

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Most of ZP users donot use the code creator at all. Most of the job is done from the PM itself.
How long does it take for the steps to be completed.
To answer your question, IMO its better to schedule the project then to leave a timeout for the instance because instance is started fresh and clears up the RAM.

kvdd

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Most of ZP users donot use the code creator at all. Most of the job is done from the PM itself.
How long does it take for the steps to be completed.
To answer your question, IMO its better to schedule the project then to leave a timeout for the instance because instance is started fresh and clears up the RAM.

Thank you, that is a good point, about the RAM. My project takes max. 1 minute to complete the steps. So I could schedule it on 2 minutes for safety.

Yea, codecreator.... ;-) I feel more flexibility with the Code Creator, because I can extend easily and do some tasks faster then when designing in the Project Maker. I feel not comfortable with the data gathering via the project maker. Or when I need to check if some value exists. It feels a bit tedious. Maybe I have to play a lot more with the Project Maker for bigger projects.. We shall see.

Question answered.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)