How to make a carriage return when appending line to a file

  • Автор темы Автор темы indigo221
  • Дата начала Дата начала

indigo221

Новичок
Регистрация
10.09.2011
Сообщения
11
Реакции
0
Баллы
0
Hello guys,

i'm trying to append information to a file but instead of all info on one line and hard to read, I'd like to make the information show on seperate lines.

I saw an earlier post to use the - \r\n When I tried this, it did not work for me. Here is my macros of line to append the file:

{-File.AppendString-|-C:\Users\Rich\Desktop\Resources Zenno Poster\vBulletin Golf Forums\Created.txt-|-url:http://blahblahblah.com/forum username:{-FieldData.FieldData-|-●1●1●5●5●2●8●-|-vc-4814-} password:{-FieldData.FieldData-|-●1●1●5●5●2●8●-|-vc-3538-} email:{-FieldData.FieldData-|-●1●1●5●5●2●8●-|-vc-2668-} {-TimeNow.TimeNow-}-|-true-}

What am I missing here to put the line breaks so that it will read like this in the file and not all long accross the screen?

URL: www.blahblah.com
username: (my-username)
password: (my-password)
email: (my-email)
Time & Date Stamp

Thankyou for your help
 
Take : out

Put <br /> in
 
hi gcomm, thanks for help but it doesn't work for me, I am trying to append to a txt file not in a webpage so no html can work.

{-File.AppendString-|-C:\Users\Rich\Desktop\Resources Zenno Poster\vBulletin Golf Forums\Created.txt-|-url:http://blahblahblah.com/forum {-INSERT HERE-} username:{-FieldData.FieldData-|-●1●1●5●5●2●8●-|-vc-4814-} {-INSERT HERE-} password:{-FieldData.FieldData-|-●1●1●5●5●2●8●-|-vc-3538-} {-INSERT HERE-} email:{-FieldData.FieldData-|-●1●1●5●5●2●8●-|-vc-2668-} {-TimeNow.TimeNow-}-|-true-} {-INSERT HERE-}

Is there not a code or symbol or something i can put in to make a line break? ^^
 
gotcha ... someone will have this answer for you shortly I'm sure.
 
ok thanks, anyway! :D
 
You would have to use the Javascript Macro:

{-File.AppendString-|-C:\Users\Rich\Desktop\Resources Zenno Poster\vBulletin Golf Forums\Created.txt-|-{-JS.Execute-|-'url:http://blahblahblah.com/forum' + '\r\n' + 'username: ' + '{-FieldData.FieldData-|-●1●1●5●5●2●8●-|-vc-4814-}' + '\r\n' + 'password: ' + '{-FieldData.FieldData-|-●1●1●5●5●2●8●-|-vc-3538-}' + '\r\n' + 'email: ' + '{-FieldData.FieldData-|-●1●1●5●5●2●8●-|-vc-2668-}' + '\r\n' + '{-TimeNow.TimeNow-}'-}-|-true-}
 
  • Оценить
Реакции: indigo221
Great, I will try this tomorrow when I wake up, I don't know anything of javascript yet, macros are hard enough but if it is the only way to make this works in my script, it's not a problem. Actually it does not seem that difficult to alter the code from the macrosbuilder.

thanks bigcajones
 
No problem, you could actually just take the result of each step and append it to the file. It would add more steps but you wouldn't have to use JS which is pretty memory intensive if you are running a bunch of threads.
 
This may or may not be of help but if you use a delimiter such as | or whatever char you like as a break then you can import into excel as a csv (or use advanced copy and paste_ and split the content into rows and columns in the spreadsheet. this way you can work with individual fields with much more flexibility.
 
  • Оценить
Реакции: indigo221
Nice Hunter ! A bit more organized than txt file madness ;)

Similarly we are tinkering with an online area where all username / pass can be stored in a sql db and pulled depending on criteria. This may be down scaled to some sort of local sqlite version also in the future....
 
  • Оценить
Реакции: indigo221
Ok all thanks for the great info here. The reason I was wanting this is really for my sanity after signing up to 100+ websites, I find maybe that it will be able to make sense of it all on seperate lines, considering sometimes the URLs can be very long. I'll try all the ways and see which works, and using the delimeter too because, Excel can make things easier to read :P
 

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 0, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 0)